Thursday, April 29, 2010

Physical vs Chemical Sunblock.. You Have Been Warned!

I'm about to pitch the sunblock that I use to rave about, the Dove Moisture. Why? Because even though they are advertised and a company that cares about your skin and beauty, it is all a hoaxs because it comes down to cash.

Recently, thank to a colleague and friend I found out that sunscreens that contains chemical sunblock are harmful to the skin. Chemicals such as:

  • Benzophenones (dixoybenzone, oxybenzone, avobenzone)
  • PABA and PABA esters (ethyl dihydroxy propyl PAB, glyceryl PABA, p-aminobenzoic acid, padimate-O or octyl dimethyl PABA)
  • Cinnamates (cinoxate, ethylhexyl p-methoxycinnamate, octocrylene, octyl methoxycinnamate)
  • Salicylates (ethylhexyl salicylate, homosalate, octyl salicylate)
  • Digalloyl trioleate
  • Menthyl anthranilate

All these chemicals used for sunblock are powerful free radical generators, have strong estrogenic activity, and synthetic chemicals that are alien to the human body and accumulate in body fat stores.

What scares me the most is that these chemical sunscreens that prevent sunburn don't actually block the sun, instead the chemicals absorb the UV rays. So with these free radicals generations, it actually INCREASES cellular damges AKA wrinkies, fine lines, discolored skin, and pretty much just plain looking OLD! Free radicals are the main causes for aging. And someone, like me, who is a freak about keeping the skin looking young and beautiful, this is not the product I want to use! I even drink my Isotonic daily just to eliminate the free radicals on my skin!

So I must say I am absolutely disappointed with Dove. (You guys really had me fooled thinking you actually do provide product for the benefits of the skin, but when it comes down to it, you're just looking for the cash). I looked at my Deep Moisture facial lotion from Dove and found out that it contains Avobenzone. I almost collasped and fainted. So if you will excuse me, I'm gonna go wash my face and get this chemical crap off of me!

But until I come back, does anyone have a good healthy sunblock they could recommend me?

No comments: